Wednesday, September 17, 2008

[we interupt your blog reading...]

Due to Mr. Ike storming through and creating a ruckus the studio has lost power. One of our grand old trees decided to uproot and take our meter with it. Luckily there was no damage done besides that.
While on the subject of our not-so-friendly Hurricane Ike... We have decided to cancel our Annual Galveston PhotoTrip for this year. I want to apologize for all who had already booked an appointment. You will be receiving a personal phone call in the near future.
On a side note....
I've been thinking a lot lately...wow, yes you heard right, I do think. Anyway....We get so caught up in this craziness called life. So focused on ourselves and forget what is going on in the world around us. If we were to take two minutes to look out the window of our own lives we would see how much in need this world is. This past Sunday the pastor at my church [who just happens to be my dad too] gave us all a challenge. Instead of having church on Sunday night we were to take that time and go help someone in need. As many of you know Tyler has been one of the main evacuating centers for people from the hurricane. Our town has been filled with people that were pushed out of their own homes... their whole lives... what they have worked for, because of a natural force that no man could have stopped. I went with my family down to the Salvation Army and asked what could be done. How could we serve? We helped them that night with serving dinner. This experience really opened my eyes to how devastated our world is. I saw men, women, mothers, children, all come through that line. The sad thing about this all is that the majority of that line wasn't evacuees. They were people that didn't have anywhere else to go. It broke my heart to see those beautiful children and know that when they go home they probably don't have the "comfort" that a lot of kids out there do. But another thing also touched me deeply. The workers there had more love of Christ than I had ever seen. They took in these people. They showed them love and cared for them. I watched as faces lit up when they were greeted by one of these heaven-sent workers. They give there lives to helping and serving wherever they are needed.
With all of this being said, I want to give each and everyone of you a challenge.
Go out and serve.
Help where there is need.
Love even in times of hate.
And see the miracles that God can do.
Thank you.
- Natalie
If you have any questions or need to get in touch with us,
Please call Renee at (903) 780-5718

No comments: